Friday, February 26, 2010

Fridays....

One thing you may not know about me (considering none of you actually know me), is that I was and born and raised, and still am, a good Catholic girl.

I hope that doesn't cause any of you to stop reading.

While there are many things about Catholicism that I don't agree with (like....not using birth control), and don't practice, I feel like if I am going to call myself a Catholic, then I should at least practice those beliefs that I don't have a problem with. And one of those things is not eating meat on Fridays during Lent. If you'd like to know the exact reason why, please consult an expert. Because I am sure I could not get that story right.

At any rate, one of the things that really freaked me out during my first "healthy" Lent was how I was going to get around eating meat on Fridays. In the beginning, I was extremely strict and meticulous about what I was eating, and the ratio of protein, carbs, veggies, etc.

So I set out to find a source of protein that didn't interfere with my obligation to fast from meat. And I found these babies:


These Morningstar Farms Chik Patties Originals are heaven on earth for vegetarians and Catholics alike. I love a Chick-fil-a sandwhich as much as the next person, and these run a very close second for not being actual chicken.

Last Friday, I managed to eat three in one day. I ate one for breakfast on a piece of whole wheat bread, and it held me for hours. The stats:

140 calories
5 g fat
16 g carbs
2 g fiber
8 g protein

They are so so good. Trust me. And try them.

Even if you're not a good Catholic girl like me.

(P.S. I have no affiliation with Morningstar and received no incentive to post this and all that other junk. I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to say, but you get the picture.)

1 comment:

  1. I love those "chicken" patties from Morningstar farms and include them in my meals a lot. The mushroom lover's "burger" is also quite delicious..

    -Stefanie

    ReplyDelete