Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Force of Habit

When people ask, I always say that the biggest key to being healthy is force of habit. The more you eat right, the easier it is; the more times you go to the gym in a week, the easier it becomes the next week. I really feel like willpower has very little to do with it.

I can see already that the whole force of habit thing is going to be the same for blogging - I figured I would be able to think of a million things to write about and want to do it multiple times a day. But not so much. It's not that I don't want to - just that I can't really think of things to write about or find the time. I guess that could be a problem considering I'm less than a week in!

Anyways, things are going pretty good on the weight loss front. Been getting in my workouts everyday, and eating good, whole foods. Tomorrow I'm having lunch at a Mexican restaurant, and I always order the fajitas, which is fine, but keeping my hand out of that chip bowl is a challenge. One of the things that I haven't quite learned on this journey is how to let things go. I feel like I'm already beating myself up mentally for the fact that I know I'll probably eat way too many chips tomorrow. You'd think it would be easier to either a) not overeat the chips, or b) realize that rarely do I eat Mexican and its okay to splurge every once in a while. But that would be way too rational for me. It would be nice if my brain had an on/off button that I could push every time I wanted to rake myself over the coals for something.

Tonight is going to be an early night. I haven't felt all that great today, and I'm not sure why. I am cooking a quick supper and then going to settle down on the couch with my book and Ambien.

(Side note....I know there are a million people out there that think taking Ambien is dancing with the devil & I used to be one of them. I'm generally pretty strict about what I put in my body, but this is my one exception. As someone who has suffered from insomnia all of her adult life, I can certainly tell you that taking this pill every night is better than running on 2 hours of sleep per day.)

On tonight's menu is buffalo shrimp. I buy these from the Store-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named (Wal-Mart), and throw them in a skillet with some olive oil. You can have like a million for 100 calories. Once they're cooked, I toss them in some buffalo wing sauce. So good.


So this is my 2nd post ever, and I feel like I'm being totally boring, but I don't actually expect someone to read this anyways, it's more for myself. To remind myself to keep on keepin' on.

I'll end this with a picture of the wrapper from my piece of Dove dark chocolate today. I so needed this:



(It says: If you fall down 7 times, get up 8.)

No comments:

Post a Comment